Note on Administrative Arrangements
1. In 2007, the Royal Government of Cambodia will organize, convene and chair the first meeting of the Cambodia Development Cooperation Forum (CDCF). The CDCF serves as the highest level of dialogue between the Government, development partners and national stakeholders, providing an opportunity to discuss a range of issues related to the National Strategic Development Plan (NSDP). The CDCF replaces the Consultative Group, which was co-chaired by the Government and the World Bank.
2. This note provides administrative information to participants on the Cambodia Development Cooperation Forum, which will be hosted by the Royal Government of Cambodia and will be held in Phnom Penh, June 19-20, 2007
3. The CDCF meeting will be held at:
Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC)
4. The Secretariat will be staffed by Government officials from CDC and by one staff member from the World Bank Cambodia office. The Secretariat will manage all enquiries before and during the meeting. Contact details are as follows:
Confirmation of Attendance
5. All delegations are kindly requested to forward details of name and title of all participants to the Secretariat by Friday 8 June.
6. Name badges will be provided to all participants. For those development partners with a representative office in Phnom Penh, please make arrangements to collect badges on Monday 18th June. For those delegations that do not have representation in Phnom Penh, badges can be collected during Registration (8:30–9:00 a.m. on Tuesday June 19th).
7. All vehicles entering the Palais du Gouvernement will require a security pass. Details of all vehicles (make, model and registration details) to be used by each delegation should be notified to the CDCF Secretariat before Friday 8th June. Vehicle passes will be available for collection from the CDCF Secretariat on Monday 18th June.
8. Documentation will be sent out in advance of the meeting in both hard and soft copy formats. Approximately two weeks before the meeting the documentation will also be made available on the CRDB/CDC website: http://www.cdc-crdb.gov.kh
9. Due to limited space in the meeting room, each delegation will normally be limited to one seat at the main table, although delegations are welcome to rotate their representation during the meeting based on the agenda item. Seating arrangements for delegations and observers to the proceedings will be assigned at the meeting.
10. Simultaneous interpretation between Khmer and English, and from French to English and Khmer will be available. Audio-visual equipment will also be available.
11. Development partners are invited to deliver a joint statement on each of the agenda items. Where individual announcements or speeches are considered to be necessary, during the Financing Framework session, for example, it would be greatly appreciated if formal speeches are kept to a minimum so as to allow ample time for discussion.
12. Delegations are requested to make all written statements available to the Secretariat as early as possible and by no later than 11 June, including those to be included in the Report of Proceedings. Copies of delegations' statements can then be made available to participants by the Secretariat (or placed on the document display table in the CDCF reception area) in a timely manner.
13. If special assistance of any kind is required this should be clearly indicated to the CDCF Secretariat by Friday June 8th so that necessary arrangements can be made.
14. Participants are responsible for their own reservations and expenses.
15. Participants are requested to make their own transportation arrangements for the entire duration of their stay in Cambodia.
16. There will be a dinner hosted by the Royal Government of Cambodia on Tuesday June 19th, beginning at 6.30 pm. All meeting participants are invited to this dinner which will be held in the Palais du Gouvernement.
17. Lunch will be provided to all participants on both days of the meeting. Tea and light refreshments will be available outside the plenary meeting room during the scheduled breaks in each session.