CLOSING ADDRESS OF
SAMDECH HUN SEN
Government-Donor Pre-CG Meeting
distinguished representatives of the donor community
1. On behalf of the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) and on my own behalf, I would like once again to express our profound gratitude to all of you for attending this important meeting, providing comprehensive, candid and constructive suggestions and recommendations with the view to ensuring future development of Cambodia.
2. In my opening remark this morning, I elaborated on key issues related to the topics of our discussions. Therefore, there is no need for me to raise again the points that have already been made. However, I wish to take this opportunity to highlight government’s efforts in spearheading Cambodia’s reform agenda within the framework of the Rectangular Strategy for growth, employment, equity and efficiency in Cambodia, in which good governance is the core or the backbone to support our development activities. I wish also to display the resolve and commitment of the Royal Government in accelerating the reform momentum, while ensuring the continuity and sustainability of our actions.
3. In this context, I wish to also assure you that our reform programs, that we have implemented and now further elaborated, are not to please anyone. They respond to the needs and the imperatives of Cambodia and will benefit Cambodians from all walks of life. In this sense, I am truly grateful to all development partners for their steadfast support for our government’s policies and reform agenda, in particular the Rectangular Strategy for growth, employment, equity and efficiency in Cambodia, as well as for some important recommendations made to the Royal Government to accelerate our reforms.
4. We have listened carefully and recorded meticulously these valuable recommendations and I recommend that the relevant Joint Government-Donor Sectoral Working Groups discuss thoroughly these recommendations and work out as soon as possible concrete action plans for implementation. They should monitor and do joint stock-taking of progress and performance against goals.
5. I once again reiterate that we whole-heartedly welcome your participation in the monitoring of our reform program implementation. We should exert efforts and work hard to strengthen and improve further this useful mechanism. I deeply thank our external development partners for caring for us and for providing invaluable assistance to the development of Cambodia. First and foremost we are striving to make sure that your assistance to us is well-spent and reach the intended target. We are conscious that we should respond to your generosity and support by delivering the result and ensuring accountability.
6. In conclusion, I extend to all of you great success in all your endeavors and happiness in your life. We will meet again at the end of this year during the Consultative Meeting to be held at the Palace of the Government.
7. I am delighted to announce the closing of this Monitoring Meeting. Thank you for your attention.